Can't Take Trini Outta Me Unplugged



By JMC 3Veni ft Remmi

The song of the migrant
Is ‘bout a place they call home
A place that’s changed in so many ways
Even as they roam
But no human erosion
Could take what inside ah me
‘Cause when ah walk they does say, “Trini”
And when ah talk they does say, “Trini”
Ah got a smile big and warm like the sweet Caribbean Sea

Yuh could take me outta Trini
But I got a vibe down inside of me (3)
Now we shine a light for the world to see
Inna this global society

We’ve been travelling for centuries
‘Till we met on this magic land
Where all the powers and the rubble of this world
Start walking hand in hand
Now we’re travelling again
Since the world has gotten so small
Now we heart right there on we sleeve
A kinda joy that they can’t believe
Like that Hotel where you could check out but never leave

Yuh could take me outta Trini
But I got a vibe down inside of me (2)
Yuh see, they put we through indentureship and slavery
So we know ah thing bout equality
Yuh could take me outta Trini
But I got a vibe down inside of me

Port of Spain callin’ me
Signal Hill callin’ me
Charlotteville, yuh callin me
Caroni callin’ me
Laventy callin’ me, oh ohhhhhh
Moruga callin me
Sweet home
Sweet home
.............................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

"But no human erosion
Could take what inside ah me
‘Cause when ah walk they does say, “Trini”
And when ah talk they does say, “Trini”
Ah got a smile big and warm like the sweet Caribbean Sea."

I know about this. It is how, amazingly, I can identify a Trini in a crowd of people in a foreign country. I like both versions of this song. (Listen to the other version) This one slows us down to really listen to the singer's message.

Thank you, Remmi-D & JMC 3veni, for this expression of love.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: