To Be Thankful For [Song]


Uploaded by kaiso22

TO BE THANKFUL FOR

By Baron

How well I remember ------- in Rhodesia
Bloodshed in Nigeria, famine in Biafra
Even in Éire land, religious confusion
We have a lot to be thankful for.

Think of how far we have travelled from
Years of deprivation and starvation
The indignity suffered by our forefathers
Didn't stop them from carrying on
The world we enjoy now is God's blessing
Let us stop our grumbling and quarreling
Love and peace must exist so let us cherish it
We have so much to be thankful for.

So many races living together
Homogenous mixture, we do for each other
What about our culture, our greatest treasure
Just these and a few more to be thankful for.

Think about the world situation
So much hate, strife and degradation
One slip over Iran could cause a total destruction.
Them leaders could take a tip from our book
And then this world of proverbial hope
Let love, respect breed in each man to one another
This we have to be thankful for.

True, we have our problems and our limitation
Our waste of resources could cause frustration
But here in this nation it's absolute freedom
Democracy at its best, put it to the test

Look at how many religions
And a hundred and one denominations
Existing here and without any molestation, no prosecution
Where else in the world there's democracy
Expressed freely and abundantly
Bear this in mind, we have stood the test of time
'Cause we have so much to be thankful for.

[To be thankful for] No deprivation, no starvation
To be thankful for
Tell them I say [To be thankful for] to be thankful for absolute freedom, no starvation
[To be thankful for] Tell them I say [To be thankful for] no frustration
To be thankful for absolute freedom, no strife, no hate, no degradation
[To be thankful for] Tell my mother and father
[To be thankful for] Tell Trinidad and Tobago [To be thankful for]
Tell all them I say [To be thankful for] no degradation, absolute freedom, no frustration...

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!
..............................................................................................................................
"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: