Jesus [Rap]

Uploaded by Mo Sabri
JESUS | ISA
By Mo Sabri

Verse 1
This ain't a song about bottles in the club
This is about a role model filled with love
A teacher, a preacher with guidance from above
Sent to represent a message of peace like a dove
In the west they call him Jesus, in the east they call him Isa
Messiah, Christ...the same person that you speak of
Ask me why I wrote this song and I will tell you because
There's too many people silent, it's time for me to speak up.
The son of a virgin, they say it is illogical
Probably improbable but God made it possible
Gabriel told Mary that her son would be phenomenal
His voice was always audible, the opposite of prodigal,
He overcame the obstacles, people attacking him
He was a walking hospital, with healing he was passionate
He cured the sick, raised the dead, shout out to Lazarus
I'm talking about Jesus of Nazareth.

Chorus:
If we don't have peace, we'll end up in pieces
Treat people the way that you want to be treated
If you do believe it, sing it and repeat it
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus.

Jesus...I believe in Jesus
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus
Jesus...I believe in Jesus
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus

Verse 2
I'm just a follower of Jesus
What that means is: I follow what he teaches
I'm not the type of person that just wants to give speeches
I'm trying to be the person that will practice what he preaches.
Yeah, 'cause I've observed people just say the words
But faith ain't a noun, it is more like verb
That's why I wrote this verse, to remind us to serve
'Cause if you haven't heard, faith is dead without works
How can we say we believe that God exists
when we always act the opposite, it's ominous
How we only care about our own accomplishments,
and we're quick to break our promises
We gotta put a stop to this
We all sin, I know that we are human
But we cannot keep on using all the same excuses
Now it is the time we need to prevent the abuses
Listen up, I got the solution.

Chorus:
If we don't have peace, we'll end up in pieces
Treat people the way that you want to be treated
If you do believe it, sing it and repeat it
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus.

Jesus...I believe in Jesus
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus
Jesus...I believe in Jesus
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus.

Verse 3
Why does our religion always have to cause division?
In reality we're all more similar than different
Jesus wanted unity, but nowadays it's missing
We have to use our vision if we want to do his mission
Can't we see we're all children of Adam, brothers and sisters?
If you don't agree, you haven't read the Scriptures
Picture when Jesus comes back to Jerusalem
Will he be happy with the way you've become?
We're living wrong but today's a new dawn
So sing along to this song, like David singing the Psalms
Now raise up your arms to give alms with open palms
Jesus brought us a message to follow until we're gone
Shout out to my dad and mom for blessing me in my youth
God's essence is the proof that his message is the truth
This song was just a lesson to remind me and you
To ask ourselves this question, What would Jesus do?

Chorus:
If we don't have peace, we'll end up in pieces
Treat people the way that you want to be treated
If you do believe it, sing it and repeat it
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus.

Jesus...I believe in Jesus
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus
Jesus...I believe in Jesus
I am not afraid to say that I believe in Jesus

Lyrics Source

..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

Many Christians know nothing about Islam outside of what is handed to them by teachers and propagandists who have their own agendas which do not involve recognising our common humanity above all. Even if Muslims knew nothing about the Christ or God as He manifests for Christians, all people who acknowledge and stand in wonder before an overarching power or design, all people who have recognised that human beings harm themselves and others [physically and psychically] when they go against this design which is divine, all people who respect and protect this world that has been created by a power that is beyond our explanation, they have recognised God.

So I thank Mo Sabri for answering the call to promoting understanding and unity. I thank him for moving past the despair and the cynicism and the suspicion which overwhelms many of us, to convey a positive message that focuses not so much on railing against the bad but celebrating the good.

Who is Mo Sabri?
"Mo Sabri is a Muslim-American singer from East Tennessee who attained mainstream success but is now an Islamic nasheed artist.

He has been featured on national/international networks such as BBC, MTV, CBS, and GEO TV and continues to receive hundreds of thousands of YouTube views. Prior to turning to Islamic nasheeds this year, Sabri gained a large worldwide fan base which is still loyal to him. Mo’s most notable achievement: he released his debut album in January and became the #5 highest selling artist on the iTunes World chart for a week. During this time, Mo outsold every Muslim, Arab, and South Asian artist in the world (including Maher Zain, Sami Yusuf, A.R. Rahman, etc.). Sabri performs at universities and festivals across the US and UK, and has been endorsed by Aziz Ansari (host of 2010 MTV Movie Awards), football star Jason Witten (Dallas Cowboys), and platinum-selling rapper B.o.B.

Mo Sabri’s style of catchy hip hop spreads a positive message to youth and adults alike. His lyrics are witty and poetic, but he still manages to convey an Islamic message in a fun and thoughtful way. Sabri enjoys philanthropy, so he performs at many charity events worldwide. All of his performances are fun, unique, and refreshing. Mo Sabri’s artistry is perhaps best seen in the lyrics of his song “Heaven Is Where Her Heart Is (Aisha)” when he says “Whenever you want, we can go to Umrah/Hop up on a jet, just to go to Jummah/We could live the good life, I’m talking about the Sunnah/And when I write this music, I do it for my Ummah”. SOURCE"

What exactly do Muslims believe about Jesus?
"Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). They consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth, and a chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Maryam’ (Mary). The Quran describes the birth of Jesus as follows:

(Remember) when the angels said, “O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him (God), whose name is the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, revered in this world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (to God). He will speak to the people from his cradle and as a man, and he is of the righteous.” She said, “My Lord, how can I have a child when no mortal has touched me?” He said, “So (it will be). God creates what He wills. If He decrees a thing, He says to it only, ‘Be!’ and it is.” (Quran, 3:45-47)

Jesus was born miraculously by the command of God, the same command that had brought Adam into being with neither a father nor a mother. God has said:

The case of Jesus with God is like the case of Adam. He created him from dust, and then He said to him, “Be!” and he came into being. (Quran, 3:59)

During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. God tells us that Jesus said:

I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you the shape of a bird out of clay, I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s permission. I heal the blind from birth and the leper. And I bring the dead to life by God’s permission. And I tell you what you eat and what you store in your houses....” (Quran, 3:49)

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus’ enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him. And the likeness of Jesus was put over another man. Jesus’ enemies took this man and crucified him, thinking that he was Jesus. God has said:

...They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.” They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)... (Quran, 4:157)

Neither Muhammad nor Jesus came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in one God, brought by earlier prophets, but rather to confirm and renew it."  SOURCE

Recently that last point came to me so clearly when I was listening to the reading about Jesus driving out the money lenders from the Court of the Gentiles in the temple. I had heard the story so many times before but this time I heard something new.

Jesus Cleanses the Temple
12 Then Jesus entered the temple[c] and drove out all who were selling and buying in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.
13 He said to them, “It is written,
‘My house shall be called a house of prayer’;
but you are making it a den of robbers.”

--Matthew 21:12-17 The Bible, New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)

For the first time, I saw so clearly that the Christ, himself a Jew, had never separated Himself from Judaism. He refers to the temple as His house. For Him the temple could not be defiled because it was sacred, because it was where God, the one God, who has manifested Himself in different ways over time to mankind, was worshipped. It was His house, not just a Jewish temple, not a temple for Catholics or Christians but God's temple for all of God's people whether they were Jews or Gentiles, because God is FOR all. I cannot help but believe that He would have viewed any desecration of Sewdass Sadhu's Hindu temple by the sea with the same outrage and would have tried with equal fervour to repair any damage.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: