My Crew [Song]


Uploaded by 60s70sVintageRock

MY CREW
By Rita Coolidge

Can I sing a song for you, my crew?
Like the song I used to play with you?

I was gone so long before you missed me
I didn't even know I was a gypsy
I'm singing this song because my eyes are misty
'Cause we're through, [we're through, we're through] my crew.

There's that cross we'll cross again, my friends
And the song that we will play will have no end.

We'll sail a sea of song like a band of gypsies
We'll lay our burdens down and play for free
We'll laugh and cry as eagles die
And we'll be coming home one day [one day, one day]
Let the music play!

We'll sail a sea of song like a band of gypsies
We'll lay our burdens down and play for free
We'll laugh and cry as eagles die
And we'll be coming home one day [one day, one day]
Let the music play!.....

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

Thank you, Rita Coolidge  

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

2 comments:

Liane Spicer said...

I haven't visited in a while but I think of this space, this oasis you've created, often. Many thanks. Today I came because I watched a video about the crime that is being committed at Standing Rock--or rather, the latest development in a 500-year long crime.

I'd forgotten this lovely Rita Coolidge song. Think I needed to see/hear it in the middle of all this.

Blessings, Seagull. Hope all is well with you.

Guanaguanare said...

Thanks so much, Liane, for visiting and wishing me well. You are always so kind and I am sending love to you too.

Liane, I admire the energy of the anti-pipeline protesters both in Dakota and Canada but their concerns are not unique and should be held by each and every one of us. For example, is our food and water healthy and uncontaminated? Are Big Pharma's drugs really curing us or killing us? We are all oppressed. I understand that discussing even the tip of the iceberg is too depressing for most of us so until it is our time to stand up, we will have to rely on experiencing courage and conviction vicariously through such demonstrations as being witnessed at Standing Rock.

Maybe you know that Rita Coolidge is Cherokee? I just like the song because for me the lyrics animate natural, unfettered scenes and are loaded with possible interpretations which bring me comfort. The song exudes an aura of detachment and acceptance and peace which are particularly attractive states for souls in need of a break.

Wishing you and yours a beautiful Christmas season and a joyful and rewarding New Year ahead!

Blessings,
Guanaguanare