Bullerengue para un Ángel [Song]


Uploaded by ORITO CANTORA

BULLERENGUE PARA UN ÁNGEL
By Orito Cantora

Coro
Leile le-le le le-le
leilé le-le mi amor | my love
Leile le-le le le-le
leilé le-le por Díos. | for God

I
Angelito del cielo
de algodón tu piel menuda
Valerie belleza muda
hilos de oro tu pelo.

Little angel from heaven, your delicate cotton skin
Valerie, silent beauty, golden threads your hair. 

II
Boquita flor de coral
Chiquitica mi criatura
rojita fruta madura
alma pura del palomar.

Tiny flower of coral, little one, my child
The rosiness of ripe fruit, the pure soul of the dove.

III
Cajoncito que te cuida
cual cajita musical
muñequita melodiosa
baila en tu jardín floral

Music box that holds you
Melodious little doll dancing in your floral garden.

IV
La primera de la fila
Nena ilumina el camino
De tu hermano y de tus primos
Sé tú la que los vigila.

The first in line, baby illuminates the path of your brother and your cousins
I know you the one that watches over them.

V
Estrellita de mi noche
Cocuyo que más titila
Hoy mi canto a ti te hila
De mi manto tu eres el broche

Star of my night, flickering firefly
Today my song for you declares that you are the clasp on my cloak.

VI
Hoy canto pa ti princesa
Y lo hago a todo pulmón
Tu fuiste la ispiración
Y mi voz pa ti no cesa.

I sing today for you, princess, and I do it with full force
You were the inspiration and my voice will be unceasing for you.

Le-le le-le li la le-le
Leilé le-le mi amor
Leilé li la li-la le-le
Leilé le-le por Díos.

Angelito del cielo
Leilé le-le mi amor
Detras ----- bullerengue
Leilé le-le por Díos.

Little angel from heaven
------------------------ bullerengue.

Lyrics source with my translation.
........................................................................................................................



A Note From The Gull

Thank you, Orito Cantora and all the drummers and chorus members. The names of the dancers are not supplied. They are really gorgeous with their untainted beauty and unassuming gracefulness. Trinbagonians will understand why in spirit, everything about this takes me swiftly home.

According to Wikipedia, "Bullerengue is a musical style and dance from the Caribbean Region of Colombia and the Darién Province in Panama. It is a cumbia-based style traditionally sung exclusively by women. Some famous bullerengue singers are Petrona Martinez, Irene Martinez, Emilia Herrera, Estefanía Caycedo, Etelvina Maldonado, and Ceferina Banquez. In recent decades, Petrona Martínez and Totó la Momposina have increased Bullerengue's international popularity and success, having been nominees for the Latin Grammy Award for Best Folk Album.Source

I feel my heart turning, turning towards my African, Iberian and Amerindian ancestors. My spirit cannot help but dance.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

1 comments:

Sicosónica said...

Bello gracias Orito Cantora!