Listen, Mama [Song]


Uploaded by kaiso22

LISTEN, MAMA
By Nap Hepburn

Yes, one Christmas Eve, casually I was walking down the street
One Christmas Eve, casually I was walking down the street
I was attracted by the voice of a little boy
As he hold his mother's hands, telling her his plans
What you think the conversation could be?

He said, "Listen, Mama, I want you to tell Santa Claus
To bring a trumpet and a concertina for me
I am lonely 'cause there's no children near by me
Ma, you don't know how happy your son would be.
"

She looked at him very sad as the water filled her eyes
To realise that she hadn't the answer for his cries
She was so worried, yes, so worried and so confused
As they strolled along the street, no shoes on his feet
While they walked he continued to repeat as he plead...

"Listen, Mama, I want you to tell Santa Claus
To bring a trumpet and a concertina for me
I am lonely 'cause there's no children near by me
Ma, you don't know how happy your son would be.
"

I approached her and promised to give a helping hand
She said to me, "Mister Nap, you can do the best you can."
I gave her money and asked her, "Miss, where you live?"
That night at twelve o' clock I brought a lovely box
The next day she was so merry and gay when she heard...

"Listen, Mama, I want you to thank Santa Claus
For the concertina and the trumpet he brought for me
I'm so happy, I have no time to take some tea
Oh, what a nice godfather he is to me!
"

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!
..............................................................................................................................





A Note From The Gull


Thank you, Nap Hepburn. Yes, I will admit that there are tears. Make at least one stranger happy this Christmas. Ten would be even better!

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gran entrada en el blog . Yo solía ser comprobando continuamente este blog y estoy impresionado! Información extremadamente útil especialmente la fase de cierre :) me ocupo de tal información mucho. Solía ​​ser la búsqueda de esta información particular para un muy largo tiempo. Gracias y buena suerte.
Listen christmas songs

Guanaguanare said...

Muchas gracias, Joey. Estoy feliz de que usted visita y encontrar lo que busca.
Bendiciones siempre,
Guanaguanare

Father Harold said...

Thank you Guanaguanare for these 2 wonderful Christmas Favourites, One Christmas eve and Kiss me for Christmas. I intend to surprise my congregations tonight and tomorrow at Mass during the Homily...by singing them as I play the cuatro..

Merry Christmas,
Fr. Harold Imamshah

Guanaguanare said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Fr. Imamshah. You are very welcome. What a lovely surprise for your congregations. I wish that I could be present to witness and to share the joy but I am smiling broadly just thinking about what you are planning. A joyful Christmas to you!
Blessings,
Guanaguanare