Haiti, Don't Drink The Water!



Don't Drink The Water
By Dave Matthews Band

Come out, come out! No use in hiding.
Come now, come now, can you not see?
There's no place here. What were you expecting?
No, not room for both, just room for me
So you will lay your arms down
Yes, I will call this home.

Away, away! You have been banished
Now your land is gone and given to me
And here I will spread my wings
Yes, I will call this home

What's this you say? You feel the right to remain?
Then stay, I will bury you!
What's this you say? Your father's spirit still lives in this place?
Well, I will silence you!

Here's the hitch, your horse is leaving
Don't miss your boat, it's leaving now
And as you go, I will spread my wings
Yes, I will call this home.

Well, I have no time to justify to you
Fool, you're blind, move aside for me!
And all I can say to you, my new neighbour
Is you must move on or I will bury you!

Now, as I rest my feet by this fire
Those hands once warmed here
Well, I have retired them
I can breathe my own air and
I can sleep more soundly
Upon these poor souls
I'll build heaven and call it home.

'Cause you're all dead now.

And I live with my justice
And I live with my greedy need
And I live with no mercy
And I live with my frenzied feeding
And I live with my hatred
And I live with my jealousy
And I live with the notion
I don't need anyone but me...

Don't drink the water! Don't drink the water!
There's blood in the water!
Don't drink the water! Don't drink the water! Don't drink the water!
There's blood in the water!
Don't drink the water! Don't drink the water! Don't drink the water!
Don't drink the water!
There's blood in the water!....


..................................................................................................................
"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: