Trinidad Patois speakers speak of Bongo in Blanchisseuse

Trinidadians Elton Gould, Felix Savary and Walwin Lequay speak about Bongo in Blanchisseuse.
Recorded 6th March, 2010, Blanchisseuse, Trinidad



Uploaded by katvixenchick
..............................................................................................................................
"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I am currently looking for information on Bongo and Tambrin music in Trinidad and Tobago for class project. What I have found so far has been very little. Hopping you could point me in the right direction.
Also the above video is private. Is there any possible way I can view it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
Nigel Huggins

Guanaguanare said...

Hello, Nigel,
Thanks for visiting. About your query, there is not much solid stuff available on the Internet so I would try the libraries. I can only think of UWI's West Indiana section:
West Indiana & Special Collections
Divisional Librarian - Ms. Kathleen Helenese-Paul 662-2002 Ext. 83506, 83361. Divisional email for enquiries: wimail@sta.uwi.edu

and the National Library's Heritage Library. The online catalogues of both libraries are not returning much but hopefully, librarians at each location will be able to direct you to what you need.

About the video embedded in this post being private, thanks for letting me know that its status had changed. It was not private when I first embedded it but the content owner has that right to adjust the status.

Try contacting katvixenchick. That YouTube account is:
http://www.youtube.com/user/katvixenchick

Good luck with the project!

Blessings.