Toronto too cold [Song]


Uploaded by Roger Gibbs

TORONTO TOO COLD FOR ME
By Roger Gibbs

Well, ah going back to mih country, Toronto too cold for me
I said I going back to mih country, ice storm of the century.
Last winter I nearly dead, you know the weather was really dread
45 below zero, how I survive it I ent know
Six days with no power, I had to throw 'way the food in the freezer
And the thing that is so insane, in no time at all it coming again.

Toronto too cold for me, I going back to mih country
Toronto too cold for me, this kind of living is not for me
Toronto too cold for me, you living inside like if you in jail
Toronto too cold for me, I tired freezing mih tail.

Canadians really love their ice, the way West Indians love their rice
Ice skating and ice hockey is the religion of this country
Hockey on the TV both day and night, they always showing a hockey fight
No cricket and no football, you hardly see any other sport at all
Ice fishing leaves me cold and curling is the same thing, truth be told
I barely sweep mih own house once or twice, is no way at all dat I sweeping ice.

Toronto too cold for me, I going back to mih country
Toronto too cold for me, I want some heat in mih body
Toronto too cold for me, the day does be as dark as the night
Toronto too cold for me, if you stay outside you getting frostbite.

When you first come to this country, you only thinking 'bout what you find
Said when you come to this country, you forget what you leave behind
You forget the brilliant sunshine and the beautiful scenery
You forget the balmy weather and the heat that you got for free
But when we get what we got last winter, it really make me wonder
Is it worth the price we pay if in this country we want to stay?

Toronto too cold for me, I going back to mih country
Toronto too cold for me, I going back to the sun and the sea
Toronto too cold for me, you got to put on too many clothes
Toronto too cold for me, you freezing yuh nose and freezing yuh toes.

Scientists say is global warming, this is not a one time thing
The weather we've been having is going to keep on recurring
Extremes in temperature is going make the winter colder
Very unsettled weather is going to lead to crop failure
Scientists give the warning but nobody listening
But not me, I pack mih grip and I ready to make the trip.

Toronto too cold for me, I going back to mih country
Toronto too cold for me, I pack mih ticket and I ready
Toronto too cold for me, I done with the cold and the snow
Toronto too cold for me, I going straight to Essequibo.

Toronto too cold for me, the only ice I want is inside a glass
Toronto too cold for me, I tired falling down on mih ar--
Toronto too cold for me, you can't even see the sun
Toronto too cold for me, three months of darkness ent no fun.
Toronto too cold for me, allyuh could stay and play in the snow
Toronto too cold for me, I going back to look for mango
Toronto too cold for me, and I going to look for sapodilla, and I going to look for custard apple...
[Toronto too cold for me] and  -----  and guava and soursop and mammee ----- and june plum
[Toronto too cold for me] and carambola.  Allyuh could stay and eat apple and grape but I gone
[Toronto too cold for me]
[Toronto too cold for me]

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

Thank you, Roger Gibbs.    

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: