Barking Dogs [Song]


Uploaded by foreignmovies

BARKING DOGS
By Brother Valentino

Now this word is me, and I am this word,
So let my voice be heard
Fix your hearing aid and hear what I say
Wipe your glasses and see things my way
The song that you hear is an angry one
And I am sure if you are seeing things clear
You'll see that all happiness is gone.
And then the dogs, the dogs are barking too long
Is a sign, a sign that something is wrong.
Because everyday I wake in this country
I see signs of poverty
The money system getting so dread
That some people have to beg their bread.

So hark, hark, the dogs do bark
The beggars are coming to town
Beggars in rags, beggars in tags
And some beggars in their velvet gown.

Now pay due attention to my conversation
Hear me, and please hear me well
What's the solution to this situation?
The dogs, they are barking like hell
Come on, come on, mister man
You could avoid a big disaster
Why my brothers and sisters should suffer
For things they are not responsible for?
Now I am not influencing the people to take action
But I wonder if the answer is salvation
Because everyday I wake in this country,
Religion approaches me
The corrupt, the oppressed, they all preach the gospel
So much different tales they does tell.

So hark, hark, the dogs do bark
The preachers are coming to town
Preachers in rags, preachers in tags
And some preachers in their velvet gown.

Nevertheless, changes would come
The oppressed will gain their dominion
But until that day, there is no other way
So we are still fighting for our freedom
Listen to me, and dig my message
Society blank the underprivileged
Our living conditions is critical
We are fighting for survival
So when we tief or try to make an illegal dollar
These things are caused sometimes through poverty and hunger.
Now unemployment leaves no other alternative
So we have to tief to live
And even those who could afford, it is my belief
When they get a chance, them too does tief.

So hark, hark, the dogs do bark
Thieves are coming to town
Now thieves in rags, thieves in tags
And some thieves in their velvet gown.

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

Thank you, Brother Valentino.  

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: