Evacuee [Song]


Uploaded by waymao

EVACUEE
Performed by Enya [1987]
Words and music by Eithne Ní Bhraonáin, Nicky Ryan and Roma Ryan

Each time on my leaving home
I run back to my mother's arms,
One last hold and then it's over.

Watching me, you know I cry,
You wave a kiss to say goodbye,
Feel the sky fall down upon me!

All I am, a child with promises
All I have are miles full of promises of home.

If only I could stay with you,
My train moves on, you're gone from view,
Now I must wait until it's over.

All I am, a child with promises
All I have are miles full of promises of home.

Days will pass, your words to me,
It seems so long; eternity,
But I must wait until it's over.

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

Thank you, Enya.

Mama, long ago on a visit, I asked you to sit with me as I played this song for you. You listened intently to the end without speaking and I never asked you what you felt. Maybe I did not want to hear you say that I should get over it as it was natural and OK for me to leave you, or even worse, that you missed me as desperately as I missed you. This song was all I had to give and it still holds everything that I could and could not say. 

Happy Mother's Day, Mama. I love you so much, forever and ever.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: