The Bull Of Dharma Has Only One Leg.

"And the kings of the earth with souls steeped in ignorance and discontented with what they have, will at such a time, rob their subjects by every means in their power. And without doubt the whole world will be Mlecchified."
---Kali Yuga. From The Mahabharata. Vana Parva, Section CLXXXIX. Translated by Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli

"Morality then is said to wait on men, with only a fourth part of itself remaining

And Markandeya said: Listen, O monarch, to all that has been seen and heard by me, and to all, O king of kings, that hath been known to me by intuition from the grace of the God of gods! O bull of the Bharata race, listen to me as I narrate the future history of the world during the sinful age. O bull of the Bharata race, in the Krita age, everything was free from deceit and guile and avarice and covetousness; and morality like a bull was among men, with all the four legs complete. In the Treta age sin took away one of these legs and morality had three legs. In the Dwapara, sin and morality are mixed half and half, and accordingly morality is said to have two legs only. In the dark age (of Kali), O thou best of the Bharata race, morality mixed with three parts of sin liveth by the side of men. Accordingly morality then is said to wait on men, with only a fourth part of itself remaining. Know, O Yudhishthira that the period of life, the energy, intellect and the physical strength of men decrease in every Yuga!

Wedded to avarice and wrath and ignorance and lust, men will entertain animosities towards one another, desiring to take one another’s lives.

O Pandava, the Brahmanas (Brahmins) and Kshatriyas and Vaisyas and Sudras, (in the Kali age) will practise morality and virtue deceitfully and men in general will deceive their fellows by spreading the net of virtue. And men with false reputation of learning will, by their acts, cause Truth to be contracted and concealed. And in consequence of the shortness of their lives, they will not be able to acquire much knowledge. And in consequence of the littleness of their knowledge, they will have no wisdom. And for this, covetousness and avarice will overwhelm them all. And wedded to avarice and wrath and ignorance and lust, men will entertain animosities towards one another, desiring to take one another’s lives.

And Brahmanas and Kshatriyas and Vaisyas with their virtue contracted and divested of asceticism and truth will all be reduced to an equality with the Sudras. And the lowest orders of men will rise to the position of the intermediate ones, and those in intermediate stations will without doubt, descend to the level of the lowest ones. Even such, O Yudhishthira, will become the state of the world at the end of the Yuga."
---From The Mahabharata. Vana Parva, Section CLXXXIX.Translated by Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli

"In consequence of these and other indications of wicked conduct and the reversal of their former nature, I shall not, O chief of the gods, dwell among them (Danavas) any longer. There, where I reside, the seven other goddesses with Jaya for their eighth, who love me, who are inseparably associated with me, and who depend upon me, desire to live. They are Hope, Faith, Intelligence, Contentment, Victory, Advancement, and Forgiveness. She who forms the eighth, viz., Jaya, occupies the foremost place amongst them. All of them and myself, having deserted the Asuras (demons) have come to thy domains. We shall henceforth reside among the deities who are devoted to righteousness and faith."
---The Mahabharata. Santi Parva, Section CCXXVIII. Translated by Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli

..............................................................................................................................
   

A  Note From The Gull


This is the world's insanity and I want no front row seat.


"O Solitude", Z 406 - H. Purcell. Performed by Gérard Lesne. Uploaded by civileso

O SOLITUDE

O solitude, my sweetest choice! O solitude, O solitude, my sweetest, sweetest choice! Places devoted to the night, remote from tumult and from noise, how ye my restless thoughts delight!

O solitude, O solitude, my sweetest, sweetest choice! O heavens, what content is mine, to see these trees which have appeared from the nativity of time, and which all ages have revered; to look today as fresh and green, to look today as fresh and green as when their beauties first were seen.

O, O, how agreeable a sight, these hanging mountains do appear, which the unhappy would invite to finish all their sorrows here, when their hard, their hard fate makes them endure such woes, such woes as only Death can cure.

O, O, how I solitude adore! O, O, how I solitude adore! That element of noblest wit, where I have learnt, where I have learnt Apollo's lore without the pains, the pains to study it. For thy sake, I in love am grown with what thy fancy, thy fancy doth pursue. But when I think upon my own, I hate it, I hate it for that reason too, because it needs must hinder me from seeing, from seeing and from serving thee.

O solitude, O how I solitude adore!

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: