If Is That You Want [Song]


Uploaded by mightysparrowaz | Published on Jun 15, 2011

IF IS THAT YOU WANT
By Mighty Sparrow

For the coming era, I decide
I going to be Prime Minister, oh lord
Now that I launch my campaign,
My memorandum I must hasten to explain
A revolution constitution is my plan for this land
If I win the next election
I tell you, anything you want, that you go get
If you want fête, is endless fête
I will legalise marijuana, --- and whe-whe
I will make every other day a public holiday
And open the Treasury to all those who scrunt
But tell me in front if is that you want?

You want to change the system,
All the problems, I'm going to help you solve them, oh lord
I am prepared to serve you
I'll do anything that you want me to do
Well, my intention is to please man and woman if I can
And to end all the frustration
Believe me, if is mas' you want, mas' you go get
Free food and rum, free cigarette
I'll bring down the age of consent to seven years
And make Jean in town, Minister of Whores' Affairs
Who working go have to mind all who like to scrunt
So tell me in front if is that you want?

If you don't like to pay tax
And if you don't like police, well, you could relax, oh lord
And if you love bacchanal.
No police can touch you, I'll make it legal, hmm
"Satisfaction for the people." is my motto
So you know, I go make you comfortable
Believe me, if is work you want, is work 'til death
If is land you want, hmm, well, better yet
I am going to go Metric and divide the land
Keep most for myself and to hell with any man
Have an all year season for those who like to hunt
J'Ouvert for a month, if is that you want?

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!
..............................................................................................................................
"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: