I thank Thee. [Song]


Uploaded by edward spencer

I THANK THEE
By Calypso Rose

Dear Tobago, the land of my birth
Which foreigners don't know
I pass through Depression and starvation
To be where I am in my profession
So Tobago, I am thankful,
To you I wouldn't be ungrateful
I say, "Thanks, thanks, thanks."
I thank my mother, my school teacher
My neighbor, my brother and my sister
So you see, Tobago, I thank thee.

I thank the mother of Tobago
Tobago being recognised anywhere you go
I am sure you'll be more than glad
To know that the mother of Tobago is Trinidad
I thank Trinidad for its protection through 1970 Revolution
I say, "Thanks, thanks, thanks."
I thank Trinidad for my education
Making me Tobago's most recognised woman
So you see, Trinidad, I thank thee.

I am not forgetting San Fernando
For keeping my name four years Queen of Calypso
I am not forgetting Barataria
The place where I grew with my adopted mother
I can't forget my fans who support me in my profession
I say, "Thanks, thanks, thanks."
And to the Baptist religion who gave me so much wisdom
Glory be! I thank thee.

The prime minister, I cannot make absent
Who took me safely through Independence
And I cannot forget the Mighty Sparrow
He established my name through calypso
I thank all them musician who play my calypso on brass and pan
I say, "Thanks, thanks, thanks."
And to the nation ----------
For making me the Road March Queen
So you see, I thank thee.

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!
..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

Calypso Rose, we thank thee.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: