Donkey Race [Song]


Uploaded by finetunesTV 

DONKEY RACE
By Lord Melody

When they had the donkey race in New Jersey,
I went as a jockey
When they had the donkey race in New Jersey,
I went as a jockey
I riding since I little, I never bounce up this trouble
From the time the flag fall, the male ent passing the female at all.

Race start at two thirty, one mile is the journey
Seven donkeys on the track - one jinny and six jacks
I riding the jinny, a male jackass near kill me
He jam me to the rail,
I say he must be take me for the female.

This one was shocking, -------------- while the race running
A male donkey run up,  pelting bite at mih stirrup
Grinning he teeth and making a big fuss
I didn't believe the gentleman serious
You doh know the jack put he two front foot on top mih back.

What had me in dread, I notice something resembling a snake head
Wagging up like a zanjee, I say I dead already
Well, if is me this young fella marking, he got hell because I ent winking,
He couldn't get the break
I watching every movement the zanjeee make.

Rendition by King Rudolph

Uploaded by roger ramirez

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................
 

A Note From The Gull

Thank you, Lord Melody and King Rudolph  

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: