Poppy Day [Song]


Uploaded by Ryland Burhans

POPPY DAY
By Lord Executor
This rendition by Ryland Burhans
The lyrics provided below were transcribed from Lord Executor's original.

I don't know how you take it but I know
On Flanders Field the poppies grow
I don't know how you take it but I know
On Flanders Field the poppies grow
Oh, what a wonderful sight to see
The poppies are growing abundantly
Upon the graves of the braves who fought for victory
And conquered Germany.

Never yet in human memory
Both from sacred and political history
Has such a mournful devastation
Fallen upon the realms of civilisation
So let us go to the poppies and the field
See the army of men that refused to yield
It was German brutality
But it is Britain victory in this colony.

There is an angel standing upright
And you know, she faces the light
There is a soldier kneeling beside
His fallen comrade who must have died
But the most that sink in of all
Is the mother whose tears of sorrow must fall
It is memory of Britannia, it is a name there forever
In this colony.

Whenever the 11th of November draw near
In every church and chapel, we sing the prayer
Silence! One minute! Hush!
Make no noise! No impetuous rush
When the organ roll and the singing starts
The solemn benediction is to touch your hearts
With a flower to the honour and the name
Of eternal Britannia forevermore.

In honour of Britain's famous battle cry
This poppy shall never fade nor die
Wear it in sanctification in your home
On your bike, on your car, wherever you roam
I, myself, shall wear it upon my breast
In memory of those men that have done their best
So let it ever be in everlasting memory
Throughout this colony.

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

Thank you, Lord Executor, and also to Ryland Burhans for keeping the music alive.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: