I don't know [Song]

Uploaded by LisaHanniganVEVO

I DON'T KNOW
By Lisa Hannigan

I don't know what you smoke or what countries you've been to
If you speak any other languages other than your own
I'd like to meet you.

I don't know if you drive, if you love the ground beneath you
I don't know if you write letters or you panic on the phone
I'd like to call you all the same,
If you want to, I am game.

I don't know if you can swim, if the sea has any draw for you
If you're better in the morning or when the sun goes down
I'd like to call you.

I don't know if you can dance, if the thought ever occurred to you
If you eat what you've been given or you push it 'round your plate
I'd like to cook for you all the same,
I would want to, I am game.

If you walk my way, I could keep my head
We could creep away in the dark, or maybe not,
We could shoot it down anyway.

I don't know if you read novels or the magazines
If you love the hand that feeds you.
I assume that your heart's been bruised
I'd like to know you.

You don't know if I can draw at all or what records I am into
If I sleep like a spoon or rarely at all, or maybe you would do
Or maybe you would do.

If you walk my way I will keep my head,
We will feel our way through the dark
Though I don't know you, I think that I would do
I don't fall easy at all.

Aaah-oh, aaah-oh, aaah-oh, aaah-oh

If you walk my way I will keep my head,
We will feel our way through the dark
Though I don't know you, I think that I would do
I don't fall easy at all.

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: