Keskidee Sings [Song]


Uploaded by Ashbavibe

KESKIDEE SINGS
By Asheba

I know you by your yellow vest, you little Keskidee
That suits so well that mean brown coat that clings so close to thee
The little ring upon your head that forms a little hat
Why, if you stood with all the other birds
I would know you just by that.

And if for fun you hide yourself so that I could not see
I'd know you still, you pretty thing
When you sing, I hear you sing,
"Keskidee, Keskidee, Keskidee, Keskidee!"

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull

Some attribute the bird's local name "Keskidee" to the sense of humour of the French speaking population who heard in the bird's call a perfect fit with the rhythm and sound of their expression, 'Qu'est-ce-qu'il-dit?'. What is he saying?

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: