Caminante [Song]


Uploaded by Trinnilicious4life

CAMINANTE
By Baron

Ahhhya!

A one-man parang, that is how they does call me
When they see me dress up just like a music shop
Looking for action, don't ask no foolish question
If you want to join, hurry up, I can't stop, no
Marac in my back pocket, toc-toc, I can't forget it
Hang across mih shoulder - a mandolin
I don't want no argument, toting we own instrument
The cuatro, the guitar, the banjo and violin,
Hear de ting...

From Sangre Grande all de way to Cedros - paranging night and day
I looking for good players and chorus - paranging night and day
In Maracas, [parang] down Icacos, [parang] Rancho Quemado [parang]
Mucho, mucho, mucho parrandero!

Woyeoh! Woyeoh! Ayee!

Caminante, the travelling parrandero
From August to Leywah is only, Baila, baila!
Roaming all over to find a good parang partner
A man who could hold he liquor, levanta, ey!
I pass in by Julio, he does play a mean cuatro
And I know that he wife could sing... ey!
Carlo go play the banjo, he does buss off string for so
I make sure I have extra banjo and guitar string
So leh we sing...

From Sangre Grande all the way to Cedros - paranging night and day
I looking for good players and chorus - paranging night and day
In Arima, [parang] Siparia, [parang] Palo Seco [parang]
Mucho, mucho, mucho parrandero!

Woyeoh! Woyeoh! Ayee, Ayee!
Baila Baila! Caminantes! Levanta! ey! Oye, oye, oye, ey, ha-ha
Parranderos!

When you see we, bring coffee by the gallon
Is three tunes and we gone
Can't stay one place too long
If you like we, just join in the party
Grab an instrument and play on, yes, we strong, ey!
It have some parang players
I know them is real foolers
Singing anything once it have a -----
We have a wide range of songs
Starting with the Anunciación,
Castillan, Warapo and the Aguinaldo,
Leh we go...

From Sangre Grande all the way to Cedros - paranging night and day
I looking for good players and chorus - paranging night and day
Up Paramin, [parang] Buenos Aires and Erin [parang] Rio Claro [parang]
Mucho, mucho, mucho parrandero!

Woyeoh! Woyeoh! Ey!
Baila, baila! Levanta! Parrandero! Caminante! Ayee!

In Maracas [parang]
Down Icacos [parang]
In Arima [parang]
Sipara [parang]
Palo Seco [parang]
Rancho Quemado [parang]
In Arima [parang]
Sipara [parang]
Palo Seco
Rancho Quemado
Up Paramin
Buenos Aires and Erin

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!..............................................................................................................................


A Note From The Gull


Thank you, Baron, for one of your Christmas classics and also one of my favourite Christmas songs. I hope that the title "Carmenante" was not a person's name because I edited it to Caminante which is the Spanish for "traveller" - something that we associate with parranderos as they move from one location to another. Even the Serenal, "La Pascualidad" mentions this characteristic of parrenderos:

"Somos caminantes, tenemos que andar" - We are travellers, we must walk/go.

Trinbagonians, take it slow and careful on the roads. Some citizens' heads will be hot or "bad" and they are bound to make mistakes, so drive with them in mind. Take many deep breaths. Try not to go overboard with the spending and the food and drinks. I have found that the simplest Christmas is the best and you just won't know until you try it. Last year was basic and very beautiful and part of the day was spent just rambling through the quiet snow covered woods with the K9. In the silence, broken only by the sound of our breathing and the crunch of the snow, it really felt like we were travelling to meet Jesus. The meal was simple and we had bought no gifts so there wasn't that distraction. The beauty of the day was the gift. It can be more complicated when you have the little ones and their bright expectant eyes so focus on them and let the rest go. The spirit of the day is what is important so prepare your hearts and homes to welcome and to share the true reason for the season.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: