Talking Parang [Song]


Uploaded by Myron B
TALKING PARANG
By The Incredible Myron B

Cindy hire me and my parang band to come by she house to parang ....lord, woyee!
But when we reach up, we realise we didn't pack no instruments in the band...lord, woyee!
She say she money done spend already and people waiting whole day
"Allyuh better jam some music for we or we beating allyuh today!"

So mih box bass man start to sing for them...Big bumbum, big bumbum, big bumbum, big bumbum...
And then we chac-chac come in... Shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it... And wey de cuatro?...
Oh, that is what we shout 'cause we paranging with we mouth.

People get up and start to dance when they hear the music that we singing...lord, woyee!
Now I start to feel like we get away because this is easy pickings...lord, woyee!
Cindy tell me, "Allyuh just feel allyuh bright or allyuh feel that we dumb. 
All that music allyuh singing, up to now I ent hear no rhythm!"

So mih triangle girl start to sing for them...Pickilicky-pickilicky, pickilicky-pickilicky, pickilicky-pickilicky...
And then the tock-tock come in...Tock, tock, tock, tock, tickey-tock, tock, tock...
And wey deh conga?...Poom, poom-pi-poom, pooom-pi-poom, pooom-pi-poom...
Oh, that is what we shout 'cause we paranging with we mouth.

Two hours pass and we start to feel like we going to lose we voice...lord, woyee!
But we 'fraid to stop because people dancing and party going so nice...lord, woyee!
Judy St Hillaire was passing with a glass and see we tongue hanging out
She give dem fellahs a shot a puncheon, lord, now dey start to sing out.

Mih box bass man start to sing for them...Big bumbum, big bumbum, big bumbum, big bumbum..
And then we chac-chac come in...Shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it.....
And wey de cuatro?...
Oh, that is what we shout 'cause we paranging with we mouth.  

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................

 
A Note From The Gull

Thank you, Myron B!!!! OK, this is officially my favourite Christmas song for 2011. As I commented elsewhere, Myron B has original ideas and is bursting with energy and joy and talent. I wish him well.  

Update: 28/12/2011 Myron B, I am listening to this song and I just have to beg you...PLEASE, PLEASE find a way to encourage a large folk choir to sing this. This is an amazing song and for some reason I am able to clearly visualise and hear it being performed by many voices. I can see the bodies in motion, I can hear the power of the voices. I can feel the electricity!

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heard this for the 1st time this morning, been you tube searching for it ever since. A WONDERFUL piece that will go places. Very impressive lyrically! Well done, Myron B. Thanks for sharing!

Guanaguanare said...

David,
Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment. I am in complete agreement with you. This song is a masterpiece. Sadly, my transcription is missing what the cuatristas are saying but hopefully someone will eventually assist.
Blessings,
Guanaguanare