Parang Festival [Song]


Uploaded by Myron B

PARANG FESTIVAL
By The Incredible Myron B

It had a big parang festival way up in Paramin
I hear de people call for me, they want to hear me sing
When I gone up to do my show, I get a big round of applause
People start to jump and scream, man, it raise my pores.
Well, now I start to get on bad, I sing all mih songs that they know
A woman in front shout, "Myron B, give we one in Spanish also."
But they didn't know I cyah sing in Spanish, oh lawd!
But my fans request mih, I cannot disappoint them at all...So hear me!

I went to Maracas -------- in my old sapatas, senores, senoras,
Sing the chorus with I - [La-la-lay, lai, lai]
Then I went to mi casa, eat two ripe banana with mucho bandanya
So sing de chorus with I - [La-la-lay, lai, lai]
In another rendition he sings instead:
Espanol I can't talk-o but that ent require-o to do it for you
If you sing the chorus with I - La-la-lay, lai, lai

La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai

Well, the crowd started making noise but I wasn't too sure
If it is they booing me or if they wanted more
When I turned 'round to leave the stage, I heard a big uproar
They shouting, "Myron, come back boy! Give we an encore!"
I didn't know what else to sing, the promoter run to mih face
He tell me I better do something, that crowd go mash up de place
When I went back on, I thinking what I should say
That's when I decide to tell them what I eat for lunch today.

I eat a burrito with ochro and two mashed potato wearing my sombrero
So sing the chorus with I - [La-la-lay, lai, lai]
Then I went to mi casa, eat two ripe banana with mucho bandanya
So sing de chorus with I - [La-la-lay, lai, lai]

La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai

If you see people start to misbehave, dancing up a storm
Some climb up on top the stage, some all on the ground
An old man throw he hands up and shouting, "This music well sweet."
Next thing he all on the ground looking for he false teeth
Ah see ah fellah grab a girl, two ah dem dancing weird
He swinging the woman all around and she weave fly off she head
Then I realise, I had plenty more thing to sing
Now let me describe the kind of dance them people doing

They dancing the rhumba, the cha-cha, lambada bonita, baila passa-passa
So sing the chorus with I - [La-la-lay, lai, lai]
The old man lost he teetho and he start to cryo when I do my thingo
So sing the chorus with I - [La-la-lay, lai, lai]

La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai
La-la-lai, la-la-lai, la-la-lai

Source:
The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!
.............................................................................................


A Note From The Gull


Thank you, Myron B.

This is just pure energy, pure fun delivered by a clear, confident voice and accompanied by great backup music. Like Crazy in his very popular "Mi Muchacha,"

"The other day I went Venezuela and I fall in love with a senorita
I hardly know the lingo but I really doh want she know
I try out ah old zeppo, see me making signal fuh so."

Myron B admits that he does not actually know how to speak/sing Spanish and like Crazy he improvises, stringing words together that he hopes will approximate the sound of spoken Spanish.

While Crazy sang in "Maria, Mi Corazon":

"Alpagata, alpagata, uno rum, uno paratha
Maria, Maria, mi corazon
From Port-of-Spain to Fyzabad, everybody know Crazy mad
Maria, Maria, Maria mi corazon."

Myron B rocks the house with:

"I eat a burrito with ochro and two mashed potato, wearing my sombrero
So sing the chorus with I La-la-lay, lai, lai
Then I went to mi casa, eat two ripe banana with mucho bandanya
So sing de chorus with I La-la-lay, lai, lai"

Who is Myron B? I had no idea before I first encountered him on YouTube recently. He was singing "One Man Parang." I enjoyed that performance very much. I liked the originality of the idea behind the song and welcomed the fact that it was very refreshing, both his delivery and the story - something that hadn't already been beaten into cliche like many of the topics of soca-parang songs.

I hope that this Christmas, all Trinbagonians, inside and outside, who want a parang band to visit them will have their wish granted. For those of us who aren't so fortunate, Myron B's "One Man Parang" solution or just witnessing his irrepressible high spirits and good humour will have to do.

Thank you for the joy, Myron B . You make a promising and unique contribution to the soca parang scene.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

4 comments:

Isenged Okodan said...

Hello Guanaguanare, I have searched high and low for the song by crazy 'Mi Muchacha,' but cannot get it anywhere!! Could you please post a link?

Guanaguanare said...

Listen here, Isenged.
Blessings

Isenged Okodan said...

Hello Guanaguanare, Yessss!!!! I wish you know what you just did! Blessings!

Guanaguanare said...

Isenged, believe me, I know exactly what I did. ;)
Now could you tell me exactly where you searched "high and low" for the song Mi Muchacha by Crazy? I also have an interest in collecting information.
Blessings