The Universal Human Experience: Trinidad Part 2


Uploaded by kishanmunroe

Produced by the Bahamian artist, Kishan Munroe

The following explanation by Kishan Munroe was taken from the video's description.

"While traveling from the east coast of the island we came upon a familiar site, a Hindu temple on our left and a Christian church directly opposite it. My driver had just explained to me that he followed multiple religions and considered himself Christian, Muslim and Hindu. Coming from a country where there are strict Christian beliefs (often times to an extremest or fanatical level) this concept was almost inconceivable to me. As we were in discussion we came upon this site. Curiousity got the best of me and so I decided to go inside and learn more about the Hindu faith and the pluralistic religiousity in Trinidad. There were a few women inside preparing for a wedding which was to take place that day. I went in and explained my intentions. Immediately an older lady greeted me and entertained my quest for knowledge and spiritual understanding. She began in song... "
Lady: So I want to sing you an English song. Like is the universal thing like... This world is like a mud pond and it have a beautiful lotus flowers. So I going to sing a song on that:

In the mud of a pond, a lotus
In the pollen of a flower, honey
In the mud of a pond, a lotus
In the pollen of a flower, honey
In the navel of a deer, musk
In the navel of a deer, musk
In the body, God.

Shivo Hum Shivo Hum Shivo Hum
Shivo Hum Shivo Hum Shivo Hum
Shivo Hum Shivo Hum So Hum

Make love your life
Make love your deity
Become a love addict
If you cannot like love
You are not a human.

Love all as yourself
Be completely without desire
Love without desire is true worship.

When a lump of salt is dissolved in the ocean, it gives up the saltiness and become the ocean. When identification of the body is dissolved, man become God.

Everyone is together... Muslim, Hindu, Christian. Everybody is one because we come to the...God realization. Is only God in this world. They say, "Renounce...do not renounce the world, renounce the illusion of the world" and then we will be a happy... it will be... Paradise will come the same time but right now, over here have plenty, you know...ahm... problem. Young children... they kidnapping young children. They beating old people and like that. Right? Now that is going on in Trinidad. But all the temple and churches they trying to get together for oneness.

KM: Why do you think all this crime is happening though?

Lady: Uh hmm, yuh see?... God make all of us. He make good and bad, eh? Is God who make good and bad. If you...if you do good, there is place where they call Paradise. And if you do wrong things, well, you go...go to Hell. Right. We have the Bible, we have the Qur'an, we have the Ramayana and all the books that...what they have giving out as like... like how God give out commandments. All the books telling you the same thing. Right?

KM: Uhmm. So that's universal?

Lady: Eh?

KM:
It's universal?

Lady: Universal!

KM: Across all the religions...most

Lady: Oh, everyone! If the church have something and they invite us, we go. If we have something...

KM: OK...the Christian church you mean?...the Christian church?

Lady: Christian church or Muslim church or Yahweh church or you name it because we don't know you too eh? And you come to our church. I can't tell you, "Well, you know, you go, go, go, go from here! You's not... you not belongs to here!" No!

So, what you think about it? Is good? [Laughter]

END

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!
.............................................................................................





A Note From The Gull

"When a lump of salt is dissolved in the ocean, it gives up the saltiness and becomes the ocean. When identification of the body is dissolved, man becomes God. "
Brilliant words for me. Since I viewed this video, I cannot stop thinking about this lady. I have no idea who she is but I'd be her neighbour any day. Would she laugh at me if I were to tell her that she is a leader?

I haven't much patience with the vain and the egotistical, the jostling chiefs who don't have a clue but only the audacity to present themselves as leaders. Every one of them has an agenda but these agendas never include everyone.

Chief Red Cloud, who was known best for being the war leader of the Oglala Lakota Sioux said this about himself:
"I am poor and naked, but I am the chief of the nation. We do not want riches but we do want to train our children right. Riches would do us no good. We could not take them with us to the other world. We do not want riches. We want peace and love."
When you find the person who can say this with sincerity, that person will be your leader.

This person however, will not come forward of his or her own accord because leaders like these are to be found always among those happily working in the background.

You will have to call this servant-leader out.

But first you will have to prepare your hearts to recognise this leader.

Can you see LOVE?

Through all the noise, thank you so much, Kishan Munroe, for allowing Peace to speak to us. I bow low with gratitude.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: