Woman Police [Song]

 
Uploaded by foreignmovies

WOMAN POLICE
By Spoiler

They shoulda have woman police in Trinidad
Bet your life, Spoiler would be more than glad
They shoulda have woman police in Trinidad
Bet your life, Spoiler would be more than glad
I only waiting 'til one keeping duty
I running right away and I kissing she
And when she snatch on to me, I wouldn't say a word
But I hugging up my police going down the road.

Chorus:
And all the time, I pulling 'way from she for she to hold me tight
The woman police must hold me tight
 And I doing all that for spite
For she to hold me tight, tight, tight!

A fella told me they would be more bad
Than the male police we have in Trinidad
But I don't care, they can be bad like a cobra
Don't talk when you see I drink my liquor
And I butting from west to east
I walking right away and hug up my police
She can hold me 'round me neck and squeeze me 'til I dead
But I kissing from she waist right up to she head.

Chorus:
And all the time, I pulling 'way from she for she to hold me tight
The woman police must hold me tight
And I doing all that for spite
For she to hold me tight, tight, tight!

And when she carry me inside the charge room
I coupling up my police like a bridegroom
When the female sergeant ask me anything
Is a heap of "doudou darling" I answering
"Honey choonks, my love, sweet coquette"
I know by those names she would start to fret
But she can beat me, she can butt me, tear down my clothes
I ain't retreating, I advancing for my blows.  

Chorus:
And all the time, I pulling 'way from she for she to hold me tight
The woman police must hold me tight
And I doing all that for spite
For she to hold me tight, tight, tight!

I'd be a real nuisance in the place, of course
If they really was to have woman police force
Give them tommy guns, give them hand-grenades
Bet your life, I ain't 'fraid of making the grade
Yes, I going through the battle zone
Just to hug up Lucinda, Polly and Joan
They can shoot down Spoiler, I might die no doubt
But with the print of a lipstick on top my mouth..

Chorus:
And that is why, I pulling 'way from she for she to hold me tight
The woman police must hold me tight
And I doing all that for spite
For she to hold me tight, tight, tight!

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe, I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


Note From The Gull

Thank you, Spoiler. Well, the Mighty Spoiler definitely had a fixation with female police officers. This is one of two of his calypsos about them and his burning desire to court them despite the challenges, both physical and legal. The other calypso on the topic is "Police Women In Panama."

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

3 comments:

louis said...

Spoiler's take on policewomen harken back to an era before such statements, even in jest, as he meant them, would now result in a torrent of charges of sexual harassment, at least, and his fantasied actions, far worse if the policewoman happens to be a crack marksman like the recent one in Tunapuna. Poor Spoiler.

Incidentally I tried to offer this comment a few times last week but each time I was directed to a link to a social networking site to do so. This was not the case tonight though.

Guanaguanare said...

Thanks for your comment and persisting, Louis. Have no idea why you were being directed to a social networking site. Do you remember which one? Please let me know if you do remember.

Yes, with the female police officers, I think it was the strangeness of that development that had Spoiler bazodee. That, and being a bit intimidated by the fact that women were now in a position of power - enforcing the law, carrying weapons, having the authority to arrest and imprison males. Whatever was the world coming to?!

I feel that Spoiler was ramping up the sexual advances, whether real or fantasy, because he felt somewhat threatened by the "male" power that these women could now exert. He couldn't respond with force so he would try to regain the status quo or at least to level the playing field, by asserting his maleness in the only way that he felt was left to him.

To focus on the "femaleness" of the officers may have been his attempt to reduce them to a level with which he was more comfortable.

Poor fellow! The more I think about his predicament, the more sympathetic I feel. Just listen to the chorus in "Women Police in Panama"

"Those police women, look, I 'fraid them more
Than the police they calling Corporal Clem
Don't try to make love,
For is a eagle you go bounce, not a turtle dove!"


Can you hear the distress??

About that female officer you mentioned, I noted that she was traumatised by the event. Taking another person's life is never easy and perhaps male officers in similar situations feel constrained to hide their emotions under an appearance of stoicism.

It highlights how dangerous a police officer's job is and the emotional trauma that they endure. These occupational hazards are not as widely recognised and addressed as they should be.

Thanks again for visiting and your comment!
Blessings

Unknown said...

Aww spoiler much love to T&T