Mama Man [Song]


Uploaded by roger ramirez

MAMA MAN
By Mighty Bomber

Cock up yuh ears if you want to hear
Mama men confusion in Woodford Square
Cock yuh ears and listen, you go get your share
Mama men zantaying in Woodford Square
Well, if you hear the filthy expression
Them Mama men cussing fuh calypsonian
I never hear rope talk so since ah born
Especially by a he-she name Sarah Vaughn.

Hear the damsel...

"Yeah what happen to you Pounding Patsy?
Since I was a little chick I fren'ing with Lord Shorty
Look mih cross, though besides I never hear more
Shorty does always tell me pass him through mih back door."

I wouldn't lie, I was feeling shame
When I hear them calling calypsonians' name
So I hide behind a fountain, man, how you mean
Because I fix up mih body was to take the scene
Well, up came a fat, red policeman
I say, well, he go lock them up in the station
Not knowing, can't tell that is really true
The policeman was a red hot mama man too.

And if you hear him...

"Is a long time I join up the police service
Quite in the square allyuh talking out mih business
But no blankety blinking calypsonian
Could ever blinkety blank this macomere man."

Well, if you hear how them Mama men
Cackling in the square like some sitting hen
Tina Bunch say, "Listen you, Donna Lee
Is a long time you want to take the dougla from me."
Mrs. Robinson tell Georgina,
"Me ent business with you, my straight man is Clipper."
Rachel jump up and say, "Look allyuh ent know.
My man is the high and mighty Sparrow."

Hear Michelle...

"Me ent business with no calypsonian
They nice but I find out they too mauvais langue
Is only Lord Cypher I did really love
But he pull out on me when push come to shove."

Well, if you see them Mama men fight
They scratching, they pinching and they pelting bite
A lingay one they call Tina Blues
Beat up Chinee Linda with a high-heeled shoes
And when they finish make they confusion
They shaking up deyself and talking like woman
Ah nearly drop dead when I hear one say
Look mih boyfriend Bomber coming down dey.

"Eh Bomber, darling, whey going on?
It look like you come to check out Sarah Vaughn?"
It does happen for true but is very rare
Mama men confusion in Woodford Square.

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance! ..............................................................................................................................


Note From The Gull

Thank you,  Mighty Bomber.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: