We Could Make It Easy If We Try [Song]


Uploaded by cool4rocknroll

WE COULD MAKE IT EASY IF WE TRY

By Mighty Sparrow

Respect one another,
Learn to live in peace together
Demonstrating we could make it
By doing the things we've been doing together so long
Things hard but we don't have to spoil one another reputation
Gone away, blabbing your mouth like you mad
The lies you tell, like you really hate Trinidad.

After all these years united, politicians come with lies
Exciting people, dividing people with mischief and mamguay
But we could make it, we could make it, you and I
We could make it easy if we try.

Side by side, we grow up
Sharing laughter, sharing tears
Through the good times, even the bad times
We come out and support one another all the way
Look how we celebrate the same religious and public holiday
Of course, we have disagreements that we must face
But that doesn't mean politicians must bring up race.

Is too much hate and racial tension
Too much politics of spite
Tell your leaders, preachers and teachers
That rhetoric have to die
'Cause we could make it we could make it, you and I
We could make it easy, easy if we try.

We had the same schooling
Basically we had same housing
We called other "Neighbour, neighbour!"
Racism never entered our hearts before
Now all of a sudden like both ah we fighting civil war
Where did you learn to treat me with such disregard?
And when did you learn douglarisation is so bad?

Those who fan the flames of hatred
They themselves, they don't know why
If you let them people succeed, they go put water in we eye
I say we could make it, we could make it, you and I
We could make it easy, if we try.

Racism is poison
For the advocators, there's no pardon
To have friends and neighbours become total strangers
And calling each other names to cause injury
We allowing them damn politicians to divide and rule we
To abide politics of hate is suicide
When peaceful coexistence is tested and tried.

You say you facing persecution?
"No freedom" you jump and cry
Now with Canadian immigration, deportation
Back home you have to die
And we could make it, we could make it, you and I
We could make it easy, if we try.

We could make it, we could make it, you and I, baby.

Afro, Indo-Trinidadian
We are one, there's no deny
Tell them I tell you, no dougla have to bow their head and be shy
'Cause we could make it, we could make it, you and I
We could make it easy, if we try.

Source: The lyrics posted on this blog are often transcribed directly from performances. Although it is my intention to faithfully transcribe I do not get all the words and I have a knack for hearing the wrong thing. Please feel free to correct me or to fill in the words that I miss by dropping me a message via e-mail. I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!
.............................................................................................................................

.



A Note From The Gull


Thank you, Mighty Sparrow.

"Patria est communis omnium parens" - Our native land is the common parent of us all. Keep it beautiful, make it even more so.

Blessed is all of creation
Blessed be my beautiful people
Blessed be the day of our awakening
Blessed is my country
Blessed are her patient hills.

Mweh ka allay!
Guanaguanare

0 comments: